Legal Website Design for Law Firms in the UK
Your cheapest, and best performing, salesperson.
We will sound different from most digital agencies when we talk to you about the design of your law firm’s website. We want it to look great and to be something you are proud of. We’ll share your enthusiasm for it. However, our main objective is to ensure that it generates business for you. We want your website to be your best performing salesperson. Without the commission!
Our guides below explain how you can achieve this and to get in touch now regarding our strategic website design services, please complete our online enquiry form here or give us a call on 01923708621 and ask for Chris.
- Strategic website design with great conversion rates – top 5 tips
- The top 10 ways a Zellera Legal Technology website will crush your competition
- 5 guarantees to succeed in a competitive legal landscape
Meeting your goals with excellent conversion-centric web design
Our core business has always been legal website design and online business generation strategy for law firms and lawyers in the UK and internationally. The same principles apply to other professionals and indeed other businesses. If you are not generating business through your website we will be able to tell you why and what you need to do to get your site on the right track.
View our portfolio of recent projects here.
Strategic website design with great conversion rates – top 5 tips
Building a website with great conversion rates is not simple. It’s not a matter of implementing any design and hoping visitors will convert into paying customers; it’s a process that takes years of experience and expertise through split-testing and continued refinement, but there are some features you must get right. From our own experience, here are the top 7 things you should be looking out for:-
Don’t make me think
The attention span of the average person browsing the web today is much shorter than it used to be. Chances are they’ll be shopping around to view your competitors and won’t stay on your website for very long before they leave UNLESS you make it absolutely clear what you want them to do. Ensure your calls to action (the messages you present to the visitor to tell them what they should do eg call, email, sign up for a newsletter etc) are in prominent strategic positions.
Make your message clear
Ensure that your key messages (your brand’s ‘value propositions’) are clear. Why should they choose your firm above all others? It’s amazing how many small law firms (and sometimes the bigger ones) can’t answer this question, even when prompted with a branding questionnaire. Sometimes this exercise takes some deeper reflection on your firm’s core strengths, but it’s worth it to help you distinguish yourself on your website from the many other firms out there.
Publish useful content
As well as making your message clear, you need to provide value to visitors. Publish useful content; educate your website’s visitors. The father of modern advertising, David Ogilvy, noted that articles which provide useful free advice will capture 75% more readers than regular articles stuffed with sales messages. Online content marketing wasn’t really around in David Ogilvy’s time, but the principle of providing great free content is still as relevant as ever. The way we view it is you should be “giving away information snacks to sell knowledge meals.”
Building trust is crucial if you want your website to convert. Online companies are getting smarter; even US-based companies are creating websites to target the UK legal sector and other professional services sectors. But so too are today’s consumers. If you can showcase your own expertise and gain credibility through your site you will have a higher chance of converting visitors into paying clients. You can do this through testimonials, ‘trust icons’ such as Legal 500 or Chambers logos or logos of your industry memberships, or through publishing relevant case studies explaining how you have helped other clients.
Keep it simple
Simplicity is best for a high converting website; indeed providing a great user experience will improve your position in search engines also (Google favours sites that are easy to use). Is your content easy to read (not hidden behind a Flash plugin or mostly contained within images or pdfs)? Is your navigation easy to use? Does your site work well on mobile? Is it easy to make an enquiry? All relevant considerations. Getting as many pieces of the jigsaw correct as possible will help you succeed with your website design.
To find out more about our strategic website design services, please complete our online enquiry form here or give us a call on 0333 130 7292 and ask for Chris.
You can also continue reading to find out 10 ways a Zellera Legal Technology website will beat your competition online…
Website design for law firms & solicitors
The top 10 ways a Zellera Legal Technology website will crush your competition
- We will work with you to build a mobile-optimised responsive website you’ll love in line with your business development goals
- We will make sure that your visitors know exactly what you want them to do, then we’ll encourage them to do it (‘Don’t make me think’ is crucial with converting web design)
- We will use over 10 years of online business generation experience in the legal sector to make your site perform better than your competitors’ sites which will have probably be done by an agency with little or no legal sector expertise. Our team isn’t just comprised of great website designers and developers; our founder is a former lawyer and we have other lawyers and legal BD professionals in our team to really help you succeed online.
- We will stay focused on goals, not pretty pictures
- We will have your site future-proof by building on a widely used open-source content management system
- We will get as much, high quality, optimised bespoke legal content on the site as possible
- We will get your new site delivering profitable business, quickly. We have retained many of our clients because they receive a return on their investment that’s much greater than our retainer fee.
- We will get your site live as quickly as possible, with our sites on average going live within 3 months. We are known for our speed and indeed it’s part of our culture code
- We will drive as much traffic to your site as possible, from as many sources as possible. With over 60,000 followers on Twitter, mostly in legal and business circles in the UK and beyond and a wide LinkedIn network we can help amplify your messages fast and indeed help you to grow and make use of your own online presence
- We will install the right analytics to track the right metrics (and indeed provide bespoke monthly reports) to enable continual improvement to your site in line with what your target audience is looking for.
Guaranteed to succeed in a competitive legal landscape! 5 Guarantees for all clients
We provide the following 5 guarantees for all of our clients:-
- You will generate more business online
- Your web design will be aligned with your business objectives
- Fast edits and high-quality support
- No hidden costs
- First class legal content drafting and optimisation
Legal Website Design for Law Firms Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, UK & Beyond
Based in Glasgow and London, we can help your law firm generate business online with state-of-the-art legal website design. We can help you wherever your practice is based in the UK, including across Scotland (including Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee), England & Wales (inc. London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Bristol), Wales (inc. Cardiff, Swansea, Newport), Northern Ireland (Belfast & Derry) or indeed beyond (we have legal sector clients in New York, Sydney, Hong Kong and further afield).
Contact Zellera Legal Technology Today
With a focus on results not pretty pictures, each month we help deliver tens of thousands of new enquiries for our clients. We can help you too – get in touch today for a free audit and bespoke proposal for your firm. Please complete our online enquiry form here or give us a call on 01923708621 and ask for Chris.
Law Firm Website Design Portfolio
Tom Smith Associates
TOM SMITH LAW
Daniel Wong law practice
Read more testimonials