Off Page SEO and Link Building for Law Firms
External links – links from other sites – are among the most important factor when it comes to search engine rankings. If you think your site is optimised, but you’re still not getting results then it is likely that the search engines, including Google and Bing, don’t know enough about you.
Link building post-Google’s Panda and Penguin Updates
Our link building services are constantly refined to ensure that they stay up-to-date with the most recent Google search engine algorithm changes (especially the recent Panda and Penguin updates).
Contact us on 01923 750353 and we will be able to assist.
Links, Votes and SEO for Lawyers and Businesses
Think of each link as representing a vote for your site with a link from a highly authoritative relevant website carrying more weight than a number of links from a group of non relevant, link heavy websites (such as directories). Indeed, since Google’s Penguin update, many link directories were hit heavily and links from certain sites can be extremely detrimental to your Google search rankings. Staying abreast of these algorithm changes and countering potentially negative effects is an important factor in achieving consistent high results within search engines.
It does not matter how well designed and optimised your law firm’s website is, if there are no links coming back to it letting the search engines know that it is there, then you will not rank well.
This process of obtaining links is known as ‘off site optimisation’ or ‘off page optimisation’.
Contact us today and we will talk you through how we can help.
Link Building for Legal Websites
There are many different ways of achieving links back to a legal website, but the main ones include:
- Writing compelling content
- Marketing your content as far and wide as possible using syndication, RSS and integration with social medial channels (otherwise known as ‘social bookmarking’
- Regular directory submissions (to the right ones!)
- Use appropriate anchor text which, post-Penguin, should vary between exact match anchor text for certain keywords, no anchor text (just the url itself) and other variations of anchor text. We stay updated with the latest trends via industry publications such as SEOmoz and SearchEngineLand and via our own proprietary SEO know-how.
- Employing ‘white hat’ SEO methods (not black hat or negative SEO techniques)
- Local link acquisition – if you obtain thousands of links from websites located in other countries, there is a high chance that not only will you not rank well in local search (e.g. Google+ Local, formerly Google Places), but there is a good chance of your rankings being penalised.
If your website has been optimised, but is not ranking well after a decent amount of time has elapsed (6 months), then the problem is likely to be a lack of relevant links. ‘Black hat’ SEO may achieve quick results, but over time these will diminish and may even result in your site being penalised.
Contact us about our expert link building services
To learn more about our link building and other SEO services for your firm, please complete our online enquiry form here or give us a call on 01923 750353.
Read more testimonials