We appreciate the importance of being able to generate profitable online enquiries for your firm, particularly for small law firms (one to several partners) and sole-practitioner firms. With limited resources and smaller budget than larger firms, small law firms may still have large ambitions and internet marketing is one of the best ways to put that budget to work to generate profit and grow the business.
The website of your law firm is often the first point of contact for a potential client who may require information or need the services of a solicitor as soon as possible, particularly if they are looking to make a ‘distress purchase’.
Zellera Legal Technology helps small law firms and business across the UK, such as PIRC really punch above their weight. We create websites that work and help them integrate social media solutions, great content marketing and best SEO practices to deliver excellent results in even the most competitive markets.
Below we share some of our main tips for small law firms looking to get the most from the internet even on a more restricted budget than that of larger firms.
For great small law firm web designs to generate enquiries, the following best practices apply, particularly in respect of landing page design:-
• It must look clean, clear and professional;
• Your ‘calls to action’ – telephone numbers, email addresses etc – must be immediately apparent;
• Visitors to the site should know exactly what you want them to do; if you are a high street legal practice, perhaps you’d want them to visit your offices for an initial meeting (whether free or not). If your calls to action on your website are even slightly confusing, you may lose a potential client.
• You should have ‘trust icons’. Membership professional and other legal bodies and organisations of which your solicitors are members or in which your solicitors have been featured;
• There should be links to your solicitors’ social media profiles and solicitor bios. Some smaller law firms prefer not to display all their fee earners or support staff at risk of appearing to be ‘too small’ or not appearing to have enough capacity or experience to deal with certain instructions. But this can be counter-intuitive for several reasons. One, by having profiles of your solicitor with photos you become more approachable to potential clients; and two clients may actually be preferring to see a smaller niche team because they know they’re not having to pay higher bills attributed to more lawyers than needed getting involved in the work.
• You should have strong testimonials from your clients.
• You should include include as much legal and practical content as possible relevant to your small law firm’s niche in a structured and optimised manner, bearing in mind the most relevant keywords. This makes your site easier for search engines to find, driving traffic toward your site.
• You should target certain locations. Smaller firms tend to have offices in only one or two locations, but don’t think that you only need to mention these locations to your clients. The internet gives you the advantage of being able to extend your reach. Whereas offline advertising would allow you to pay for banner adverts in local areas or taxi advertising (all of which could be costly for a return not easily measured), online advertising allows you to effectively get in front of new audiences in many nearby or indeed further-away towns or cities. This can be particularly useful if you have a truly nationwide niche. It’s even possible to set up virtual offices – we have a great deal of experience in doing this for our clients and would be happy to discuss with you the process.
Even if you have had a website designed for your law firm in the past, there may be a reason why it is not delivering results. We can help you implement best website design practices to ensure you are getting the clients your small law firm deserves.
Contact us for advice on all aspects of legal website design for small law firms: 01923708621.
With Internet marketing, particularly further to the recent Google ‘Panda’ and ‘Penguin’ updates, content is king. Your website should be continually updated with relevant legal content and should demonstrate the expertise of your solicitors. Even if you consider you firm to be a general practice without any niche specialisms, you should still aim to set out clearly everything your law firm does to help clients.
Your content should be published in a structured manner. Generally, the more landing pages and the more informative content there is, the better. Especially where your site’s search engine rankings are concerned. If your site’s landing pages can rank highly in Google for longer tail keywords such as ‘solicitors birmingham’ or ‘small business lawyers manchester’, this can often work better than focusing purely on homepage rankings.
The types of content you should be publishing includes the following:-
• Content on different types of legal service and relevant legal definitions – the more useful information you can provide the better
• News or blogs relating to your practice areas or surrounding local area of interest to your clients
• Sector-specific legal or practical content, for which consider which types of clients you help (eg certain types of businesses)
Running an active blog helps establish trust with your audience, but it is also great for SEO purposes to help you appear on Google in the best possible positions and helps you share your content quickly with your contacts e.g. on LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook.
We appreciate that small law firms have more limited resources and can’t always find the time to keep a blog or other website content updated. We can help you not only integrate a blog within your website, but also write bespoke legal content. Buying and implementing RSS feeds to legal news from other sources simply does not work as effectively as it used to over ten years ago – you need original, unique content to be published on your site published in an optimised manner. And this doesn’t matter whether you are a small firm or a magic circle giant. Google will generally not rank or even show your content in search results if it is already published elsewhere.
Want to grow your practice? Want to generate more profitable business and cut down on the legal aid or low value ‘tyre-kicker’ enquiries? We can help. We are different to most Internet marketing companies because we have a team of former lawyers who are experienced not only with various legal practice areas, but also with drafting optimised legal content for search engine optimisation purposes. For further information on our services please call 01923708621 and ask for Chris.
As noted above, online marketing for small law firms can be particularly competitive, especially for certain practice areas like personal injury or immigration law. With fierce competition and multi-million pound marketing budgets, it can be daunting to look at the first page of Google for certain terms you’d like to be appearing for and think that it will take hundreds of thousands of pounds to reach the top places.
With our bespoke legal sector specific SEO strategies, optimised landing page creation, content publication and social bookmarking strategies, you will begin to dominate the search engine rankings for your desired keywords and in your desired location.
For further information on our SEO services please call 01923708621.
Social media marketing, including effective use of Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Facebook can help you stand out from your competitors.
Even with limited resources and budget, small law firms with ambition to grow can expect the following benefits from a coherent social media marketing strategy:-
1. Increased awareness of your firm and its services among target clients – social media can really spark increased word of mouth
2. Increased relevant traffic to your law firm’s website
3. Improved favourable perceptions and increased trust of your firm’s brand
4. Development of targeted marketing activities
5. Increased search engine rankings for your website by virtue of social media bookmarking
6. Development of business relationships include an increased chance of word-of-mouth referrals and referrals from other solicitors
7. Ultimately, the generation of new profitable business
We have helped create hundreds of optimised profiles of solicitors and law firms throughout the UK and beyond in the world on social network sites such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Facebook and, with our more advanced social media services, we continue to manage certain social media accounts for small law firms to help them generate results online.
We can you help your practice by:-
• Establishing, developing and managing optimised accounts on social media networks;
• Creating and maintaining an updated blog on your law firm’s website which will integrate perfectly with your Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook accounts;
• Promoting your brand and website to tens of thousands of our relevant Twitter followers and LinkedIn connections
• Advising on best practice and policy for social media use
Contact us today for expert advice on all aspects of the social media marketing for your small law firm. We’re very happy to offer some free initial advice (free = no strings) 01923708621.
We can show you how investing in an online marketing strategy for your niche area of legal practice can deliver a massive return on your investment in a relatively short space of time. We are different to most Internet marketing companies because we have a team of non-practising solicitors who really understand the legal services markets in the UK and beyond and appreciate the pressures of operating a small law firm.
For further information on how we can help you please call us on 01923708621 and ask for Chris.